Males require roughly 30g per day
Females require around 25g per day
Eating a variety of plant-based foods will help you get enough fibre each day. This includes:
- choosing wholegrain, wholemeal and/or high fibre varieties of grain-based foods like bread and pasta
- enjoying a variety of wholegrains, such as rice, oats, quinoa, barley, polenta and buckwheat
- having two pieces of fruit and five servings of vegetables a day.
You can also boost your fibre intake with:
- a sprinkle of bran or psyllium husk on cereal, muesli or yoghurt
- a small handful of nuts and seeds as a snack
- adding legumes to meals.