– Always consult with your doctor or midwife before starting any postnatal exercise program.
– Brisk walking.
– Aqua aerobics.
– Low impact aerobic workouts.
– Light weight training.
– Be guided by your doctor or midwife.
– Wear an appropriate bra that offers good support. Don’t rely on your pre-pregnancy sports bra because your back and cup size are likely to have changed. Get measured for a new one.
– Seek the support of your partner.
– Tummy and pelvic floor exercises (these can be done while you’re doing other tasks, either sitting or standing).
– Don’t be too hard on yourself if your exercise plans go awry – you’ll get more time to yourself as your baby settles into a predictable routine.
– Be too hard on yourself if your exercise plans go awry.
– Exercise if it hurts or if you experience pain in any other unexplained symptoms; stop the exercise and consult your doctor if necessary.